Frequently Asked Questions – Motorized Scooters

Please feel free to contact us, (480) 679-8238 with any questions you have about Motorized Scooters. Nevertheless, here are some of the most common questions and answers.

Do I need insurance for a mobility scooter?
You do not need insurance for a mobility scooter or powered wheelchair, although it’s recommended.
Will my insurance pay for a mobility scooter?
Mobility scooters are only covered by your medical insurance when medically necessary. Before Medicare considers paying for your scooter, you must have a face-to-face appointment and a written prescription from a doctor.
How do you qualify for a mobility scooter?
In addition to insurance, consider some of these sources…
1. Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA).
2. Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP).
3. War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS).
4. Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
Does Medicare cover motorized scooters?
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers power-operated vehicles (scooters), walkers, and wheelchairs as durable medical equipment (DME). Medicare helps cover DME if: The doctor treating your condition submits a written order stating that you have a medical need for a wheelchair or scooter for use in your home.
How Much Does Medicare pay for a mobility scooter?

After you pay your Part B deductible, Medicare will cover 80 percent of the cost to rent or buy a scooter. The remaining 20 percent is your responsibility, although it may be covered by some Part C or Medigap plans.

Is a 4 wheel scooter better than a 3 wheel scooter?
Four-wheel scooters offer improved stability over 3-wheel scooters, making them a better option for users who plan to regularly drive on uneven outdoor terrain. Four-wheel scooters are configured like an automobile, with two drive wheels at the rear and two wheels for steering at the front
What is the best mobility scooter for outdoors?
1. Afikim Afiscooter S4. This Afikim outdoor scooter bears an outstanding design of durability and comfort.
2. Drive Medical Cobra GT4.
3. Pride Mobility Wrangler.
4. Merits Silverado Extreme Bariatric Scooter.
5. EWheels EW-72 Bariatric Electric 4-Wheel Scooter.
Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support